federal work study
college aid by working
Federal work-study programs are available for both undergraduate and graduate students. The student works part-time on campus or in the community to earn money to help pay for education expenses.
- students are paid at the federal minimum wage (or more) on an hourly basis
- the wage is dependent upon your skill set and work requirement. Graduate students may be paid hourly or by salary
- work assignments can be on-campus and off-campus work in public-related services
- the amount of work is determined by your school and cannot exceed the Federal work-study award
- contact your school's financial aid office for more information.